Mass NOW is looking for our next VP of Community Engagement! Applications are due Friday June 19th, see below for the position description.
About the Volunteer Position: The VP of Community Engagement will serve on the Mass NOW and Mass NOW Foundation boards, which are fun-loving, all-volunteer, multi-generational boards of committed, vibrant, passionate individuals. The boards play an active role in the work of the organization, including all of our lobbying advocacy, educational work, and administrative support for the chapter.
Preferred Qualifications: The Mass NOW VP of Community Engagement will ideally have a background in grassroots organizing and outreach. Strategic thinking with excellent communication and organization skills, and a commitment to feminist issues are a must.
- Encourage active and engaged participation of members and supporters in Mass NOW activities and events. Including:
- Support the VP of Action in providing volunteer opportunities for organizing action, educational, and social events.
- Support the VP of Legislation in providing volunteer opportunities in organizing advocacy events.
- Support the VP of Fundraising by encouraging members’ engagement with grassroots fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate with the PAC chair encourage participation with NOW related political activities.
- Serve as first point of contact for those seeking to volunteer and/or serve the organization, assessing level of interest and ability to contribute.
- Coordinate Feminism in Action Grant contest and provide year-long support for awardee.
- With (Co)President(s), develop, identify, and encourage leadership opportunities for members, staff, and board members.
Time Commitment: 8-10 hours per month on average. Attendance at monthly Mass NOW Inc. executive board meetings and bimonthly Mass NOW Foundation board meetings on one Sunday morning per month is required. Attendance at all Mass NOW events is preferred.
Interested? Email Mass NOW VP of Action, Sasha Goodfriend, atSashagfriend@gmail.com