A message from NOW President Toni Van Pelt
Last week, conservative House lawmakers introduced their tax plan. Unsurprisingly, it is a nightmare for women and families.
Once again, Congress and the Trump administration have prioritized tax cuts for billionaires and millionaires over the needs of millions of women and families. Don’t buy their smoke and mirrors–this tax plan is not geared towards helping the vast majority of taxpayers: it will only benefit Trump’s billionaire cronies and wealthy corporations.
Enough is enough. Click here to email your representative and urge them to vote “NO” on this dangerous tax plan.
Conservative House lawmakers claim that their tax plan will help middle-class families, but women are not fooled by their spin. The House tax plan…
- Includes anti-abortion ‘fetal personhood’ language that sets a dangerous and far-reaching precedent for removing access to safe and legal abortion.
- Gives massive tax cuts to wealthy corporations, cutting corporate taxes from 35 percent to 20 percent.
- Calls for over $1 trillion in cuts to Medicaid–which provides health coverage to over 33 million women and girls.
- Denies 13 million children in low-income families an increase in the Child Tax Credit, but more six-figure income families can now claim the credit.
- Starves the government of the resources needed to support essential programs that provide food and nutrition, childcare, housing, and energy assistance.
Here’s the bottom line: this is a bad bill.
Trump’s Tax Plan will continue to do what his administration does best: punish many, while privileging the elite few. Email your representative and make your voice heard today!