Founded by Mass NOW in 2019, the MA Menstrual Equity Coalition is a group of 400+ menstrual activists, advocacy organizations, non profits, businesses, and public servants who’ve come together to end period poverty statewide. Thanks to funding from the Miller Innovation Fund, we are hiring 5 Community Organizers for January – December 2024 to deepen our work in Greater Boston, the South Shore, Cape Cod & Islands, the South Coast and Somerville. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Menstrual Equity Organizers will work to:
- Strengthen a network of organizations with missions to expand access to free menstrual products, comprehensive reproductive health education, and health/support services.
- Facilitate menstruation education workshops
- Attend resource fairs to table and share menstruation education
- Mobilize participants to advocate for more equitable policies that support the rights of Menstruators in Massachusetts.
- Empower a generation of youth to be agents of change in their communities
Successful Organizers have:
- Strong interest in menstrual equity, intersectional feminism and public health
- Experience in public speaking and facilitation is a strong plus
- Lived experience in the region
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Organizers are expected to work 20 hours a month. Hours are flexible, but must be reported via monthly invoices.
Compensation: $6,000 annual stipend to be paid in quarterly increments.