- This event has passed.
Boston Women’s March 2019
January 19 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
With a coalition of intersectional feminist organizations, Mass NOW is proud to co-sponsor March Forward Massachusetts’ 2019 Boston Women’s March. The march returns to Boston Common on January 19, 2019. On this worldwide day of action, we show up together in solidarity with women and allies, in service of those who are most at risk from an agenda that seeks to marginalize and divide us. Our work that was outlined by the original Marches is far from complete. We continue to march forward, building energy and welcoming ever more activism into the arena, until the systems of supremacy which oppress us are dismantled. The 2019 March, taking place on the weekend before the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, lifts up the ongoing work in the struggle for civil rights for so many communities.
Please consider adding a donation to your RSVP to help with the significant production costs.
2019 Boston Women’s March HONORARY CHAIR: Congresswoman Elect Ayanna Pressley
The March is produced with the assistance of a diverse Steering Committee (in formation):
- Sonya Khan, March Forward Massachusetts
- Liz Magruder Davis, March Forward Massachusetts
- Natalie Sanchez, March Forward Massachusetts
- Monica Cannon-Grant, Violence In Boston
- Angela Christiana, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
- Nai Collymore-Henry, Alliance For Business Leadership
- Morgan Cowie-Haskell, YW Boston
- Betty Francisco, Amplify Latinx/Latina Circle
- Kate Froehlich, NARAL Pro-Choice Mass
- Sasha Goodfriend, Mass NOW
- Mahtowin Munroe, United American Indians of New England
- Coralys Negretti, YW Boston
- Dinanyili Paulino, The Chelsea Project
- Janet Santos, Boston Women’s Fund
- Tanisha Sullivan, NAACP-Boston
- Whitney Taylor, ACLU-Mass