Mass NOW is run on the efforts of volunteers.
Currently we are seeking a board treasurer and a number of interns.
The Treasurer will serve on the Mass NOW Inc. and Mass NOW Foundation boards, which are fun-loving all-volunteer, multi-generational boards of committed, vibrant, passionate individuals.
Preferred Qualifications: The Mass NOW Inc. and Mass NOW Foundation treasurer will ideally have a background in finance, taxation, or accounting. CPAs, professional bookkeepers, or tax professionals preferred. Familiarity with Quickbooks or a similar program required. Good organization and communication skills and a commitment to feminist issues are a must.
- Pay bills, submit bills, and deposit checks for Mass NOW Inc. and Foundation;
- Maintain databases and accurate books;
- Prepare reports for board meetings of Mass NOW Inc. (monthly) and Mass. NOW Foundation (every two months);
- Collaborate with boards to create annual budget;
- Balance/reconcile checkbooks and accounts for Mass NOW Inc. and Foundation;
- Supply petty cash to Mass NOW office;
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Operations and potential office staff member to ensure proper document management;
- Track and administer grant funds for Feminism in Action Grantees;
- Maintain debit card records;
- Process credit card transactions;
- Manage payroll and health insurance for employee by coordinating with payroll service and health insurance provider, if a staff member is hired;
- Coordinate with liability insurance provider;
- Respond to requests from President, office staff, officers, and chapters;
- File annual 1099s, etc;
- Prepare materials and work with tax preparer.
Time Commitment: 8-10 hours per month on average. Attendance at monthly Mass NOW Inc. executive board meetings and bimonthly Mass NOW Foundation board meetings is required.
Interested? Email Mass NOW Treasurer Julia Pease at email@example.com with cover letter and resume.
Community Engagement Intern
The community engagement intern will assist in developing community partnerships, planning community engagement events, and working with the Mass NOW Inc. and Foundation boards, which are fun-loving all-volunteer, multi-generational boards of committed, vibrant, passionate individuals.
Preferred Qualifications: The Mass NOW Inc. and Mass NOW Foundation community engagement intern will ideally have a background in organizing and/or research. Experience in developing strategic partnerships and organizational collaborations is a plus. Good communication skills and a commitment to feminist issues are a must.
With support from the Co-VPs of Community Engagement and Co-VPs of Action:
Develop an internal database of key organizational partners and contacts for Mass NOW board members to utilize.
Update an external resource list for Mass NOW website visitors seeking information about gender justice organizations in Massachusetts.
In collaboration with the Co-VPs of Community Engagement and Co-VPs of Action:
Develop a strategic partnership outreach plan with a diversity of women-centered organizations to work in coalition with Mass NOW.